Since baseball betting was given the green light in the great state of Maryland, baseball fans have been getting ready to up the ante on game day. With the World Series on the horizon and the regular season on schedule, Baseball bettors in Maryland have lots to look forward to.
Baseball Betting in Maryland Lines
Part of a successful baseball betting strategy is tenacity. Don’t be influenced by the crowds. Don’t give up over one failure. Educate and trust yourself. It’s a bit like what Cal Ripken Jr. said: “Stubbornness is usually considered a negative, but I think that trait has been a positive for me.”
When you’re baseball online betting in Maryland, understand your bets, know which sportsbook will maximize your returns, and bet smart. Other than that, there’s only one thing you need to know: there’s never been a better time to place your bets than right now.
Get ready to get into the swing of a stellar season with everything you need to know about:
- Choosing your sportsbooks (plus, 5 of the best)
- Types of bets you can make in Maryland
- Tips to smart baseball betting picks
Baseball Betting Maryland
You’ll want more than one sportsbook if you want to capitalize on your baseball betting picks across the season. We’ve got a list of criteria that all baseball bettors should expect when they’re building a list of sportsbooks in MD for their baseball betting picks.
Arguably the most important element in choosing a sportsbook. Check their ranking and reviews for honesty and integrity, their transparency as a company, and make sure they’ve established a solid track record for resolving customer complaints.
#2. Safety and Security
Your personal and financial information needs to be stored properly on any online sportsbook site. The operation should be fully licensed under state authority. Legitimate sites use a 3D Secure payment system to process credit card payments or allow you to use a third-party payment wallet like PayPal.
Check that any sportsbook you’re considering uses reputable security software to safeguard your details. Digital encryption certification—like Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Security Layer (TSL)—is a must.
Quick Tip: Does the site have a padlock icon in the URL toolbar? If not, it’s not encrypted—don’t give out your personal / payment details here.
#3. Reliable Payment Processing
Reputable sportsbooks will have a system in place to process fast payouts and instant depositing of funds. Look for withdrawal options that allow you to get your money out promptly and also give you a variety of ways to put funds into your sportsbook account.
Top-tier baseball betting sites usually accept all major credit and debit cards—Visa, MasterCard, American Express—plus PayPal. Some even accept Visa, MasterCard, and AMEX gift cards.
#4. Extensive Baseball Betting Lines
A sportsbook might check the boxes on the three elements we’ve already looked at, but if it doesn’t offer a good variety of baseball betting lines and odds, it’s kind of pointless.
Some sportsbooks specialize in other sports—football, basketball, etc.—but don’t deliver a strong betting menu for the sport we’re trying to place a wager on. Check that the sportsbook you’re considering offers up-to-date information on baseball games, accurate, competitive odds, and a solid menu of prop bets.
#5. Competitive Bonuses
You’re putting up real money when you bet on baseball in Maryland—you deserve real rewards. Competitive betting bonuses in Maryland and attractive promotional offers help sweeten the deal for the Maryland online sports betting enthusiast. Build up your bankroll and enjoy some of the perks with:
- Welcome / Sign up offers
- Reload bonuses
- Deposit matches
- Achievement awards
- Milestone awards
- Daily rewards
#6. Customer Service
We could have put this one under Trustworthiness at #1, but we think customer service deserves a place of its own. You could go years without ever needing to deal with your sportsbook’s customer service team, but if that time ever comes—how hard is it to talk to a real live human being?
Is there a legitimate live chat feature? Are there contact phone numbers? Email addresses? Can you speak face-to-face with a customer service operator? And if you get in touch with them, how helpful are they?
Best baseball betting sites Maryland
While the first 5 points in our last list are easy to establish on your own, it can be hard to get a gauge on a customer service team until you really need it. Fortunately, we tested some out. We emailed, we live-chatted, we even called them on the phone.
For the best baseball betting sites in Maryland, Here are 4 pro picks we think are worth trying…
DraftKings baseball betting MD
- A cross-platform app that delivers easy navigation, quick refresh rate, and equally useable across iOS and Android.
- Fast payout and deposits at DraftKings MD
- All top-tier payment types are accepted.
- Clean, familiar layouts.
- Extensive baseball betting menus.
- Past Bonus Examples: $1,000 Deposit bonus with play-through requirement / 20% match offer up to $1,050 (on $5,000 deposit) / Daily odds boosts / $100 refer-a-friend.
PointsBet MD baseball sportsbook
- Strong futures market at Pointsbet MD
- Proven track record for moneyline and run line betting.
- Prompt payouts and easy, secure fund deposits.
- Top odds on World Series futures.
- A good post-season betting menu.
- Name Your Bet program for those interested in creating their own prop bets.
- Past Bonus Examples: $2,000 in risk-free bets on sign-up / Up to $500 if you lose your first fixed odds bet / Up to $1500 if you lose your first Points Betting bet / VIP Loyalty Rewards / Daily Make It Rain payout.
FanDuel MD baseball betting online
- Immersive live betting.
- An easy-to-use deposit interface makes it simple to bet without distraction wherever you are.
- Extensive in-game prop betting for FanDuel Maryland
- In-the-moment updates and high refresh rate.
- Past Bonus Examples: $1,000 free bet on sign-up / Daily Odds Booster / $500 Deposit Bonus on first deposit.
BetMGM MD baseball bets
- Unbeaten track-record for quick deposits and instant withdrawal options.
- Top of the line electronic verification.
- Zero fees for banking transactions.
- Pre-paid card options at BetMGM Maryland
- Strong daily betting menu and excellent odds in the baseball markets.
- Past Bonus Examples: $600 risk free bet bonus on sign-up / 100% deposit match up to $1,000 / Bet $25, get $1 / $25 registration bonus on no deposit.
What Type of baseball Bets Can I Make in MD?
Betting on America’s favorite pastime means, for most beginners, anyway, placing a moneyline bet—will your team win or lose?
There’s a lot more to baseball betting than just moneyline bets, though. Here, we’re unpacking the basics of the bets you can make so you have a better understanding of how to maximize your dollar.
Moneyline baseball bets MD
This is the bet everyone understands—you choose who you think will win the game. You can also bet on just the first five innings—known as a First Five line. If you’re feeling really confident, you could also bet on the run line.
A run line is the equivalent of a point spread in other sports betting—it’s based on a 1.5 point spread that signals 1 run. Essentially, you’re betting on the margin of victory in a game, which is typically a run line of -1.5 or +1.5.
Over / Under baseball betting MD
Over / Under bets—also known as totals—are one of the most easy-to-understand bets in baseball. The oddsmaker will set a run number—usually with a .5 at the end to eliminate a push—and you decide if the total number of runs in a game will be over or under that.
Parlay bets MD baseball
A parlay is a wager that gets spread across multiple lines or outcomes. Unlike making multiple bets, your wager is tied up until every outcome is settled. What does that mean? If your parlay bet covers 5 games, and you pick the right outcome on 4, but your team loses the 5th game, you get nothing.
A.K.A. Odds to Win. A future odds wager allows you to put your money on something that will happen in the future—like the World Series. Odds are adjusted based on team performance throughout the season, but you’ll lock in the odds at the time you place your bet.
Prop bets are a great way to spice up game day without knowing a whole lot about the metrics of baseball while still giving baseball betting pros a great place to practice their range. You bet on an isolated outcome, like the Orioles’ Zimmermann getting over 3.5 strikeouts or Ryan Mountcastle taking out another stunning home run.
It’s not just about betting on player performance, either. For Major League Baseball teams, like the Baltimore Orioles, you can bet on almost anything related to the game.
Live betting lets you place bets in real-time as you watch the game. Ultra-dynamic, incredibly fast-paced, and ideal for baseball fans who notice the finer details of the game, it’s a great way to be part of the action.
The odds change rapidly, but if you’re confident you can bet with your head, live betting also known as in-game betting can be lucrative. This is very true, for example, you can stream the MLB and directly place your live bets in Maryland.
How Do The Experts Bet on baseball in MD?
Every bettor has a different baseball betting strategy. They’ve all crafted their list of Do’s and Don’ts over months, years—even decades—of experience. But we’ve put together a list of tips to help you put together your baseball betting picks.
- Bet on the underdog. Plus-money underdogs give you the potential to win crucial payouts. At +120, +150, and +170, an informed bet on the underdog can mean a profitable season’s takings for you.
- Know your metrics. Research is the name of the game if you want to build a strong baseball betting strategy. Check out your players and team performance. Look at ERA, WHIP, Batting averages, OBP, Bullpen, Run support averages, G/F rates, and how your team performs against right and left-handed pitching. The more you know, the better your odds.
- Follow trends. Learn to locate sharp action and bet smart by understanding trends on the betting line. Reverse line movement is a heads up that a big-money bettor has placed a wager—see how theirs aligns with yours.
- Be one of the crowd. Recreational bettors choose ultra-popular picks—like the Dodgers—and drive prices up. Bet with your head, not your heart, and remember that betting against the public can be highly lucrative. While the crowd is betting on a favorite team, famous player, or that team who did really well last season (who you know have been plagued by injury this season), bet smart and go against the grain.
- Stick to one sportsbook. We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again—you need to shop around. Are you placing a prop bet? A parlay? A run line? Choose the sportsbook that specializes in that and offers the best odds, so you can maximize your cashout.
FAQ’s About Baseball Betting in Maryland
Is betting on baseball in Maryland legal?
Yes. The HB 940 came into effect on the 18th of May, 2021, after Gov. Larry Hogan signed it into law.
Is betting on baseball in Maryland safe?
Yes—with the right sportsbooks. You can learn how to choose the right one up here.
Does Maryland have any local online sportsbooks?
Not at this time. Luckily, there are plenty of reputable, legitimate sportsbooks Maryland locals can take advantage of.
How do I find which sportsbook has the best bonuses?
Easy! Check their websites for current offers. It might also help to think about the sign-up bonuses that best suit the kind of baseball bets you want to place before you sign up.
I’m a rookie. What kinds of bets should I make?
Moneyline bets are a well-known, easy-to-understand choice for novice baseball bettors who just want to spice up game day a little. You could also consider prop bets. They’re a lot of fun.