Maryland is bursting with hockey fans gearing up for the season. Are you one of them? If so, you’ve officially got the green light to partake in hockey betting in Maryland—so it’s time to make the most of it.
- Betting on Hockey in Maryland
- Best sites for Hockey betting Maryland 2023
- Sportsbooks for Hockey Betting in Maryland
- Best Hockey Betting in Maryland
- Understand Hockey Betting in Maryland
- Quick Tips for Hockey Betting in Maryland
- FAQs About Hockey Betting Online in Maryland
Betting on Hockey in Maryland
You’ve got more than a thousand regular-season games to bet on. You’ve got the Stanley Cup back in action.
All you need to launch your hockey betting adventure is a love of the sport. Oh, and this quick guide to tell you what you need to know. We’ve got all the elements you need to craft a killer hockey betting strategy.
- How to pick a stellar Hockey sportsbook in Maryland
- 5 high-performance Hockey sportsbooks to watch
- How to bet
And finally, we’re giving you some tips to get your game sharper than a pair of Bauer Vapor hockey skates.
Best sites for Hockey betting Maryland 2023
Hockey betting Maryland: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the state.
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,500 in bet credits||Bet now Caesars Sportsbook MD|
|FanDuel Sportsbook Bet $5, get $150 in bonus bets||Bet now FanDuel Maryland review|
|DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $5, get $200 in free bets||Bet now DraftKings Maryland review|
|BetRivers Sportsbook 2nd chance Free Bet up to $500||Bet now BetRivers Maryland review|
|Pointsbet Sportsbook 2 Free bets up to $2,000||Bet now Pointsbet Maryland review|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Up to $1,000 First Bet Insurance||Bet now BetMGM Maryland review|
Sportsbooks for Hockey Betting in Maryland
If you’re a fan of sports betting in Maryland, you’re going to need a sportsbook. Probably four or five, if you’re going to take it seriously. And you’re definitely going to want to take it seriously. Having a stable of Hockey sportsbooks gives you a range of benefits:
- You can switch between Hockey sportsbooks to get the best odds for your bet
- You can make a deposit with whoever offers the best deposit match
- Feel like live betting today? Switch to the one with the most dynamic UI
If any of that didn’t make sense—don’t worry. It will soon. But first, let’s break down what you need to look for in a Hockey sportsbook.
- Fast Payouts
- Customer Service
All of these elements are going to be important. Here’s how to check if your Hockey sportsbook in MD hits the mark (before you hand over your personal info).
Check the Website
It should be easy for you to find the information you want in-house, so to speak.
- Safety & Security: Look for the padlock in the URL toolbar. This shows that the site uses the right security protocols. If you click that padlock, you’ll see if a site uses either Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption. They’re both good.
- Payouts & Deposits: What payment methods does the Hockey sportsbook accept? You should have functionality for all major credit/debit cards and possibly PayPal or cryptocurrency. What are their withdrawal terms? How long do withdrawal requests take to process? What are their minimum and maximum withdrawal limits? All of this should be in their FAQ section.
- Customer Service: How can you reach their service department if you need help? Is there an email address or phone number? Do they have a live chat feature? What are their office hours?
- Odds & Lines: You’re betting hockey—so you want good hockey betting odds and an extensive betting menu.
Check the Independent Reviews
So the site looks good. You’ve checked a few boxes. Now it’s time to do a little digging into reviews. Independent reviews aren’t hosted on the site. They’re usually on blogs, website review pages, and reputable hockey betting sites. Here’s what you’re looking for before you seal the deal.
- Trustworthiness: Is there mention of the sportsbook not honoring bets? Is there a rumor that they lost their licensing rights? Either of those things should raise a red flag.
- Payouts & Deposits: Have they got a reputation for paying out fast? Is it easy for users to cash out their winnings and make deposits?
- Customer Service: Is the sportsbook resolving issues effectively? Were they easy to get in touch with?
- Odds & Lines: Long-time bettors know what to expect from a quality Hockey sportsbook. Pay attention to what they have to say about the variety of bets on the table and the quality of the odds offered.
Best Hockey Betting in Maryland
It’s not hard to build up your stable of quality, reputable Hockey sportsbooks. But just in case you want to get straight to the wagers, here are five big players in the sportsbook game—and why we love them.
- PointsBet MD hockey bets: Great variety of sports markets, solid daily betting menu, high performance for 60-minute line and puck line betting, generous welcome bonus. They’re also an Official Sports Betting Partner of the National Hockey League.
- FanDuel Maryland hockey betting: Solid prop bets on offer, generous welcome offer and deposit matching, top UI, and UX. Excellent for futures betting.
- Caesars Sportsbook Maryland hockey bets: Great user interface, clean layout, generous bonuses, and a reliable multi-platform app. One of the most popular sportsbooks in the US, with 1.5 million monthly users.
- BetMGM Maryland hockey lines: Part of the world-famous MGM brand, this is a well-known Hockey sportsbook for quick withdrawals, strong sign-up offers, attractive bonuses, and great odds. Lightning-fast electronic verification.
- Barstool Sportsbook hockey betting: Barstool Sportsbook Maryland has an enormous following, solid hockey insights, and exclusive offers, promos, and daily odds boost. They also have one of the most extensive prop bets menus we’ve seen. The app is easy to navigate, too.
Certain Ice Hockey sportsbooks have a reputation for offering quality odds on specific lines—or in specific situations.
Understand Hockey Betting in Maryland
Now that you’ve chosen some quality Maryland sportsbooks, you need to set up an account and deposit some funds. All the top Hockey sportsbooks have a fairly easy-to-understand format when you’re ready to make that first bet. But what type of bet should you make? Here are your options.
The most straightforward of wagers is the moneyline: you choose who you think will win. Hockey likes to spice things up, though—you can also bet on the 60-minute line. Pick who wins at the end of the third period if you like to make your bets a little more interesting.
A puck line in hockey betting is like a run line in baseball or a point spread in basketball. You bet that your team will cover the puck line (typically a +1.5 or -1.5)
- Again, hockey keeps betting interesting with totals. You’re choosing whether the total number of runs will be over or under the number set by oddsmakers.
- Standard Totals
- Oddsmakers will set a total number of goals for the game.
- Pro Tip: Typically, the figure will end in .5 to rule out the chance of a tie. If oddsmakers set a whole number (like 7, for example), a tie will result in a refund.
- Grand Salami Totals
- A Grand Salami bet covers the total number of goals scored in a day. Oddsmakers might set a figure like 50.5, and you bet over or under on that figure: higher stakes—higher rewards.
- A futures bet is exactly that—betting on something that happens in the future. There’s no more well-known futures bet than the winner of the Stanley Cup.
- As the season progresses, odds will be adjusted, but yours are locked in when you place your bet.
- Proposition bets focus on an isolated event in a game—like a first goal, an anytime goal, an assist, or any other aspect of play. You could also bet on a player getting suspended, your favorite team starting a fight…the list goes on.
- Some hockey sportsbooks even allow you to make up your own prop bets, so you’re only limited by your imagination.
Live In-Game Bets
- Exactly what it sounds like—you’re betting while the game happens.
- Live betting is great if you like a little added pressure or you’ve got good attention to detail. Pay attention to injuries the oddsmakers may have missed or bet on a third-period comeback by your team. Live betting is also a good way to wait for confirmation of your hockey betting picks before you commit.
- Parlays are one wager that covers multiple results.
- Let’s say you lay a parlay on three games. Your first pick is correct, so your winnings roll over to your second game. Your second pick is correct, so your winnings roll over to the third game. And if your third pick is correct—congratulations, you’ve made yourself a tidy profit.
- If one of those picks is wrong, though, you lose it all.
Quick Tips for Hockey Betting in Maryland
You’ve got a hockey sportsbook in MD. You know what to bet on. We’re assuming you already watch hockey, so you know the rules. Is there anything else you need to know?
Sure. And here they are.
- Know the metrics. Possession-based metrics, implied probability, and closing line value will give you an edge over novice and recreational bettors. Understanding how hockey is handicapped is a great way to improve your win rate.
- Check out injuries. Hockey—especially while betting on the NHL in MD, they stay pretty tight-lipped about injuries. Do some digging, though, because injuries have a major impact on team performance.
- Check out the goalies. The goalie is the only thing standing between a win and a loss in the end. Compare how goalies match up against their opponents before you place your bet.
- No fangirling. Staying neutral and doing your research will improve your betting odds. Betting on the famous enforcer or your beloved team will not.
Hockey betting in Maryland is about to take off. It’s engaging, it’s fun, and it can spin a tidy profit if you do it right. The Old Line State is fast-tracking to be one of the most competitive hockey betting markets in the US. That’s big.
Are you ready to capitalize? Got a question? Check out our FAQs below! Got a comment?
FAQs About Hockey Betting Online in Maryland
Moneylines, puck lines, and totals are the most popular. Prop betting is a lot of fun, too.
Yes. You’re looking for futures odds.
There are some that provide a good overall picture—like goals per game average and goals-against average. Then there are stats that come in handy for handicapping a game—like starting goalies and hot/cold streaks.
Yes. Unless you’re doing a 60-minute line, overtime results count.
Yes. Now that hockey betting in Maryland is legal, you can get in on the action internationally.