Getting started with F1 betting in Maryland isn’t as difficult as you may think. In fact, making your first bet is dead simple. On this page, we are going to tell you everything that you need to know to make your first bet on a Formula One race. This includes information on finding your first sportsbook in Maryland, plus a few betting tips that should help you boost your betting income.
- Top F1 betting sites in Maryland 2024
- Formula 1 betting in Maryland
- Best sportsbooks for F1 betting in Maryland
- Markets for Formula 1 betting in MD
- Top tips for F1 betting in Maryland
- FAQ's Formula One betting in MD
Top F1 betting sites in Maryland 2024
F1 betting in Maryland: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the state.
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,250 bonus
|Bet now Caesars Maryland promo code
|BetRivers Sportsbook Up to $500 in bonus bets
|Bet now BetRivers promo code MD
|DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $5, get $150 in bonus bets
|Bet now DraftKings promo code MD
|Betfred Sportsbook Get up to $1,111 in Fred Bets
|Bet now Betfred Maryland promo code
|BetMGM Sportsbook Up to $1,000 in bonus bets
|Bet now BetMGM Maryland bonus code
|FanDuel Sportsbook Bet $5 get $200 in bonus bets
|Bet now FanDuel Maryland promo code
|PointsBet Sportsbook Five Second Chance Bets Up To $100 Each
|Bet now PointsBet MD review
|Crab Sports Up to $250 in bonus bets
|Bet now Crab Sports promo code
Formula 1 betting in Maryland
Let’s start with the absolute basics. Since the F1 betting market in Maryland has only just started to open up, we know that there may be a few people that aren’t quite sure how the whole betting thing works. For many, it may be the first time they have gambled.
Obviously, we all know that the whole idea of betting is to bet on something happening. If it comes through, you win cash. But, you still need somewhere to gamble. You need to know how to read betting odds, etc. This is all a source of confusion for some people.
Finding a sportsbook for F1 gambling in Maryland
In the next section, we are going to highlight some of the best sportsbooks for F1 betting in the state. So, if you just want to gamble and don’t want to worry about tracking down a site yourself, then skip ahead. However, we do think it is wise for us to highlight how we chose these good sportsbooks in the first place.
- Site Reputation: we want a site that has a reputation for offering a good experience for its customers. This means that they need to offer a secure site. They need to offer good customer support. They need to keep up to date with their tech, basically.
- Betting Odds: a site needs to have good betting odds. It doesn’t need to have the best betting odds all of the time. That is impossible. However, it needs to be competitive, at least. No gambler is going to spend their time betting at a place that fails to offer them a decent return.
- Betting Markets: this is something that we will discuss later on. However, betting markets are the number of bets that a gambler will have available to them. You want the betting markets to be numerous. This way you will always be able to make the bets that you want to be making.
- Betting Bonuses: You should never be choosing a sportsbook based upon betting bonuses alone. However, it is still nice to have a bit of extra cash thrown in your direction for doing something that you would have been doing anyway. For example, enhanced odds at sportsbooks are great for F1 betting. We also love sites that offer no-deposit bonuses. If the bonuses are focused on both regular and new players, this is even better.
- Mobile betting: it is rare for a sportsbook to not offer some sort of mobile betting nowadays. However, it is still nice to double-check that the mobile experience is decent. A mobile app or a responsive site is key here.
Of course, this just scratches the surface of what makes a site decent. However, we feel that this information is a decent starting point!
Signing up to F1 betting apps
Once you have found F1 betting apps you want to play on, it is time to get signed up. Obviously, you will need to ensure that the site operates in Maryland. If they do not, then they will not be able to accept you.
The exact information that a sportsbook requires from you will vary. However, you will likely need a photo ID issued by the state e.g. your diver’s license. You will also need a utility bill that shows your address. If you are not located in Maryland, then you won’t be able to get through the sign-up process.
If you are taking advantage of a betting bonus in MD, then make sure that you read the terms and conditions of the bonus before you sign-up. You may have to do something special during the sign-up process to benefit e.g. deposit a certain amount of cash, or even tick a box.
Understanding betting odds
Once you have signed up and start looking at all those F1 betting markets, you are going to see a ton of numbers. These will be your betting odds. Later on, we are doing to discuss how you can read these odds to determine how much you can win. For now, though, let’s just tell you what they mean:
- Any number with a – next to it means that you are looking at the favorite for that market.
- Any number with a + next to it means that this is the underdog pick.
In rare cases, you may find multiple numbers with a + or – next to it in the same market. This means that you are looking at a pretty even market that could go both ways. This happens a lot more frequently in F1 than you may think. This is because, in many cases, there are multiple favorites for that podium.
Best sportsbooks for F1 betting in Maryland
A lot of people are going to want to dive into Formula 1 betting right away. So, we have taken the time to go through the many Maryland sports betting sites currently operating within the state. We think that what follows are the best sites around. Check them out. In fact, check out a few of them. They are a great place to get started with gambling online.
Betting apps that best for F1 betting
Remember, due to how F1 betting works (like NASCAR betting in MD), almost all of these betting apps will offer the same F1 gambling markets. The only difference will be odds. Therefore, we suggest that you sign up for a few different websites. This way you will always be able to take advantage of great odds.
BetMGM F1 betting
BetMGM Maryland is one of the first sites people often check out for F1 betting. This is because the MGM brand is huge. Great odds and a good selection of betting markets are available here. We love the bonus bets often offered to punters.
Barstool Formula 1 betting
Barstool Sportsbook is a great place if you love to bet on live F1 races. They often have some of the best betting odds available during live events and other events like the Daytona 500 for motorsports betting in MD.
Draftkings F1 betting lines
Draftkings Maryland offers enhanced odds during some of the bigger F1 races on the racing calendar. They may not always be the sports betting markets with the most sports to bet on. But a dollar or two here or there has the potential to net you big bucks.
Fanduel F1 odds
FanDuel Maryland is great for futures markets. They also have a stunning mobile sports betting app in MD for when you can’t help but feel that you need to have a bit of a bet while you are out and about.
Pointsbet Formula 1 bonus
Markets for Formula 1 betting in MD
In this section, we want to briefly highlight the betting markets that you have available. We are going to break these down into bets for both experienced, intermediate, and experienced gamblers. This way you will know where you should be focusing your cash when doing a spot of F1 betting.
When we discuss beginner bets, we are talking about those bets that you may not need to do that much research for. The risk is pretty low. Some of the best F1 betting lines for beginners include:
- Moneylines: where you bet on the winner of the race.
- Pole Position: where you bet on who takes pole during qualifying.
- Head to Head: where you choose a winner for a small pool of drivers. The bet pretends that these drivers have a mini race between them. So, all of the other drivers on the track do not matter.
- Podium: where you bet on somebody hitting the top 3.
- Place: where you bet on a driver winning within a range of positions. This will normally be positions 1-10.
Intermediate bets will take a bit of research, or take a little amount of time for the bet to be fully realized. This includes:
- Futures: you bet on something happening at the end of the season e.g. driver that wins the Championship, who takes the most podium finishes, etc.
- Fastest Lap: fairly self-explanatory. You bet on who will complete the fastest lap during the day.
Experienced gambler bets
The only bet for experienced gamblers will be prop bets, or side markets as some sportsbooks will refer to them. These will be bets for an individual race that focus on anything but the outcome. This may include:
- The number of drivers that will retire from the race.
- Who will lead a certain lap
- The number of laps with the safety car.
- The manufacturer that will take the most points
You will need to be able to do some solid research to win here.
Top tips for F1 betting in Maryland
There are a few tips that we want to share here. These tips will help you to understand races a little bit better. This can lead to greater returns:
Understand race tracks
Every race track in F1 is different. If you want to be successful when it comes to betting on F1 races, then you need to understand how they are different. You need to know which tracks certain drivers would thrive on e.g. if a driver thrives on big open tracks like Silverstone.
You probably wouldn’t bet on them to win at a more closed-in track like Monaco. You should also understand the weather conditions for an event. Some drivers or vehicles don’t perform well in certain conditions.
Read driver stats
Make sure that you keep tabs on driver stats. Know which drivers are performing well and which ones aren’t. It is important to know how F1 teams operate too. For example, some teams will not let their second driver finish ahead of the main driver. This means that it makes little sense to bet on that second driver to win as it is seldom going to happen.
Understand the vehicles
Some would argue that vehicles are more important than the drivers on the track. We would agree to that, to an extent. You must understand how each vehicle manufacturer is performing. Some vehicles, for instance, perform better on tracks with long straights. Other vehicles are better when it comes to cornering.
Pay attention to F1 betting tips for live betting
Before you bet, make sure that you check out some betting tips for live betting on F1 in MD. These will give you an insight into who professionals believe will be performing on that track. You don’t have to follow that advice. However, it is nice to understand the thought process that has gone into it.
Determining how much you can win from F1 betting in Maryland
Finally, let’s talk about working out how much you can win. If you remember from earlier, we told you how to work out the underdog and the favorite just by looking at the odds. Well, those betting odds will also tell you how much you can win from your bet too:
- For favorites (i.e. you see a -), you would need to bet the number that appears to win $100.
- For underdogs (i.e. you see a +), then this is the amount that you would receive if you bet $100
If you are unsure as to your returns, feel free to add the bet to your betting slip. The sportsbook will tell you the potential returns. If you aren’t a fan, just remove it from your betting slip and everything is cool.
Getting stuck into F1 betting in Maryland doesn’t have to be difficult. Most sportsbooks in Maryland will offer Formula 1. However, don’t just blind bet. Do your research. Successful gamblers who research are the ones that are more likely to make money.
FAQ’s Formula One betting in MD
Some sportsbooks choose to focus on other events. However, don’t worry if your selected sportsbook doesn’t offer F1 betting. You will find no shortage of sportsbooks that will cater to you.
Yes. Most sportsbooks will actually use geolocation to determine that you are located within Maryland when you place your bet.
Most reputable Maryland sportsbooks will offer live F1 betting. You may not always have access to the same markets as the ones that were available before the race, though.
An insurance bonus bet is a type of betting bonus often offered to new gamblers. The idea is that you place a bet. If it doesn’t win, you get your stake returned as bonus cash.
A deposit-based bonus is any bonus for F1 betting that will require you to deposit a certain amount into your account to trigger it.