Have you ever wondered how to make a profit by betting on tennis? Can’t understand how the pros do it? Today is your lucky day. We’re going to give you everything you need to know about tennis betting in Maryland.
- Maryland Tennis betting guide
- Best sportsbooks with Tennis Betting in Maryland 2023
- Tennis Sportsbooks in Maryland
- Know Your Tennis Bet Options Maryland
- Listen to The Tennis Betting Experts in MD
- FAQ’s About Tennis Betting in Maryland
Maryland Tennis betting guide
After reading this page, you’ll understand how to pick the best Maryland sportsbooks. You’ll know your bet options. You’ll even hear some great tennis betting tips from professional bettors themselves. Are you ready to become the envy of all your friends? Then let’s jump right in.
Best sportsbooks with Tennis Betting in Maryland 2023
Tennis Betting in Maryland: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the state.
|DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $5, get $200 in free bets||Bet now DraftKings Maryland review|
|Betfred Sportsbook Get up to $1,111 in Fred Bets||Bet now Betfred Maryland review|
|BetRivers Sportsbook Up to $500 in bonus bets||Bet now BetRivers Maryland review|
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,500 in bet credits||Bet now Caesars Sportsbook MD|
|FanDuel Sportsbook Bet $5 get $200 in bonus bets||Bet now FanDuel Maryland review|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Up to $1,000 in bonus bets||Bet now BetMGM Maryland review|
Tennis Sportsbooks in Maryland
When you decide to start entering the Maryland sports betting world, you’ll need multiple sportsbooks. Why? Because you never want to put all your eggs in one basket. Some specialize in props, while others specialize in moneylines. A bit of everything is a must. So, you’ll want to build up your account base before jumping into a betting frenzy.Let’s get into it shall we?
Consider the Security of Tennis Betting in MD
Any sportsbook worth its salt will use 3D secure payment systems. All their protocols will be stated in the FAQ section. Digital encryption? Yes please. Secret: Look for the little padlock icon in the URL toolbar when you visit the site. If you see they’re using SSL or TSL, which is perfect!
Perks of Online Betting on Tennis in MD
Betting bonuses in Maryland — you need ’em. A great bookie will offer enticing bonuses and continuously provide promotions to help boost your bankroll.
Look out for:
- Deposit matches
- Sign-in rewards
- Welcome offers
- Boosted odds
- Weekly reloads
Don’t deposit your dollars into a sportsbook that won’t get back to you if everything goes wrong. Check out their reviews before to see how they deal with complaints.
Consider the Financial Options of the Sportsbooks
Two factors are worth considering here:
- Fast payouts
- Easy deposit methods
You should be able to withdraw your money whenever you like, with no to minimal fees. Generally, they should allow you to get your winnings within 48 hours. Plus, the minimum withdrawal and deposit limits should be low.
Consider Nothing but the Best Sportsbooks
Did you think we were going to leave you to fend for yourself? Not a chance! We know there are loads of tennis sportsbooks out there. So, we’ve narrowed down your search with 5 of the best.
- Fanduel — User-friendly interface, best for prop bets, and wonderful welcome bonus.
- Pointsbet — Loads of sports markets to choose from, best for moneyline Tennis betting in MD, and has a good welcome offer.
- Barstool Sportsbook — Great mobile app, decent tennis betting lines, attractive welcome package.
- BetMGM — Incredibly competitive tennis betting odds, lightning-fast payouts, brilliant risk-free bet for new users.
- Draftkings — Sleek interface, great bonuses, and a stunning mobile app.
Know Your Tennis Bet Options Maryland
You’ve secured your tennis sportsbooks. Excellent! It’s time to figure out what bet types you should make.
Moneyline tennis Betting
Moneyline betting is the most basic form. Simply pick the winner! The bookies give the odds. The favorite player is denoted with a negative moneyline; the underdog is denoted with a positive.
Have a look at the example.
Andy Murray -190, Rafael Nadal +300 You’d need to bet $190 on Murray to win $100 ($290 total payout). You’d need to bet $100 on Nadal to win $300 ($400 total payout). When making a bet, look at the moneyline (in this case, 190 and +300) first to decide whether it’s worth it.
You might conclude that betting on Nadal wouldn’t be worth it since Murray is a very strong favorite. However, if Nadal had 8/1 odds (i.e., +800) you might decide that punting on a $900 return would be worth it.
Handicap tennis betting
The HCAP (or handicap) market is almost as popular as moneyline betting. You’re not betting on the winner. Instead, you’re betting on how well a specific player will perform.
To put it simply, one player is given an advantage at the beginning. But let’s look at an example.
Andy Murray -7.5 -190 vs Rafael Nadal +7.5 -190 The moneyline (i.e., the -190) is even. The handicap is not. Both sides would win $100 if you bet $190 correctly. But let’s say the result is: 6-3 6-4 6-4. Total games won: Andy Murray 18 vs Rafael Nadal 11.
Even though Nadal lost the match in the sets, a bet on him would’ve been the winner in this case. The +7.5 handicap for Nadal is added to the 11 which equals 18.5. This is half a game in front of Murray, so a Nadal HCAP bet would payout.
Accumulator betting for tennis
Heard of parlay betting? Well, this is tennis’ version! Accumulator betting (otherwise known as doubles or trebles) is a way for more experienced bettors to boost their profits.
Accumulators let you put multiple bets on one ticket throughout the tournament. You win your wager if all the bets hit. If just one misses the market, you lose.
Futures tennis betting MD
Odds to win (a.k.a. futures) do exactly what they say on the tin. You’re wagering on a future outcome. Choose the player you think will win the tournament, place your bet, and wait.
Totals or over/under lets you wager on how many sets it will take to finish the match. It’s not about picking the winner. Just choose whether you believe it will take more or less than the oddsmakers’ set number.
It’s possible to make a profit within minutes by in-game betting. It allows you to bet on the outcome of games and sets. Of course, you need an intimate understanding of betting theory and solid knowledge of the game to do well. But in time, you’ll be live betting like the experts.
The tennis world is your oyster when it comes to props betting. You’re wagering on novelty and game-based outcomes that don’t necessarily relate to the outcome of the tournament/match.
Listen to The Tennis Betting Experts in MD
Know the tennis sportsbooks in MD— check. Understand your bet options — check. What’s next? Listening to the tennis betting pros.
Here’s what they have to say
- Bet for value, nothing else — Value isn’t just about accurately predicting the scores. It’s about finding value in your chosen market.
- Find your specialty — Tournaments, grades, and markets come in their hundreds in tennis. There’s no way you can successfully bet on all of them. It’s impossible to do that much research. Instead, find a niche and specialize. Your knowledge base will grow much quicker and so will your profits.
- Don’t limit yourself to one bookie — Always take the best odds available. You’re limiting your success by only making a couple of tennis sportsbook accounts.
- Take note of the suspect seed — Even though a player is highly regarded, they’re not all moving up. The fan-favorite might be declining or is set to underperform.
- Playing styles make all the difference — Familiarizing yourself with how the elite play will improve your betting game.
- Consider head-to-head matchups — Distant history isn’t always reliable. But if you can find recent history between the competitors, you’re onto a successful bet. Tournament previews will help a lot here.
- Brush up on service and returning — Most crucial in men’s tennis, developing an intimate understanding of the player’s skills will improve your betting performance.
- Look at the court surface — Know the differences between court surfaces and how each player approaches the game.
- Keep things simple when you’re a rookie — All sorts of fun bet options exist. But get to grips with the traditional ones before diving in the deep end.
- Find a tipster — Search for somebody who specializes in different tennis betting areas. You can use their guidance to increase your bet’s profitability.
FAQ’s About Tennis Betting in Maryland
As of the 18th of May 2021, tennis betting in Maryland is legal. Governor Larry Hogan signed the immediate bill into law.
Nope. Don’t worry, we’ve all been in the “bigger bonus, better sportsbook” frame of mind. Sadly though, this isn’t the case. Try choosing a sportsbook that ticks more than one box instead — our top 5 list is a good place to start.
If you want to make betting profitable, you need to keep a record. Whether you designate a notebook or make a spreadsheet, it’s essential. Your record should include: Date, your bet, your stake, the odds, profit/loss, notes.
The ATP is the Association of Tennis Professionals made in the 1970s to protect the rights of pro-male tennis players. Since its birth, it has organized a variety of men’s tennis tournaments, including: Seniors Tour, ATP World Tour which includes the 500 Series, 250, and Masters 1000.
The biggest events are as follows: The Grand Slams, Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, US Open, Tour Tennis, Women’s Premier Events, Men’s ATP Tour, Olympic Tennis, Davis Cup ; Fed Cup.