Now that wrestling betting in Maryland is legal, you can join your favorite wrestlers by winning in the ring. Not sure yet how to get started? This quick guide will walk you through everything you need to know about betting on WWE in Maryland. We’ll explore five of the top WWE sportsbooks you can use to win and explain what sort of bets you can place. By the end of the guide, we’ll even answer whatever remaining questions you might have about wrestling and WWE events to bet on.
- Betting on Wrestling in MD
- Top Wrestling Betting sites in Maryland 2023
- Find the Right Wrestling Sportsbook in MD
- Best Wrestling Sportsbooks in MD
- Pick Your Wrestling Bets – Maryland
- Wrestling Wager Smart Using These Tricks
- WWE wagers in Maryland
- WWE events to bet on
- Different types of bets for WWE events
- FAQ's Wrestling betting in Maryland
Betting on Wrestling in MD
Betting on wrestling in Maryland is an amazing way to add an extra layer of excitement to your favorite wrestling matches. If you’re not quite sure where to start, don’t worry. In three easy steps, you’ll be registered and ready to rake in winnings like no one else in the state.
Top Wrestling Betting sites in Maryland 2023
Wrestling Betting in Maryland: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the state.
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,250 bonus||Bet now Caesars Maryland promo code|
|BetRivers Sportsbook Up to $500 in bonus bets||Bet now BetRivers promo code MD|
|DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $5, get $150 in bonus bets||Bet now DraftKings promo code MD|
|Betfred Sportsbook Get up to $1,111 in Fred Bets||Bet now Betfred Maryland promo code|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Up to $1,000 in bonus bets||Bet now BetMGM Maryland bonus code|
|FanDuel Sportsbook Bet $5 get $200 in bonus bets||Bet now FanDuel Maryland promo code|
|PointsBet Sportsbook Five Second Chance Bets Up To $100 Each||Bet now PointsBet MD review|
|Crab Sports Up to $250 in bonus bets||Bet now Crab Sports promo code|
Find the Right Wrestling Sportsbook in MD
Before you can start betting, you’ll need to find a sportsbook, but don’t stop at one. To maximize your winnings, you should carefully pick a selection of vetted sportsbooks. It’s like they say, don’t put all your money on one horse. Most wrestling sportsbooks set low limits for wrestling matches, so if you want to maximize your wins, you’ll need to sign up with a handful of sites. But that’s not the only thing you should keep in mind. Other things to look for include:
- Trustworthiness – You’re putting money on the line so check that they are a reputable, licensed, and transparent sportsbook. Check for positive user reviews, and don’t be afraid to dig for bad ones.
- Payouts – The whole point of betting is to win money. Before playing, check the site-specific limits (maximum and minimum), whether they pay promptly, and if they offer payment options that suit your needs:
- Direct deposit
- Visa/Master cards
- Privacy – There are plenty of scam sites out there looking to steal your bank details. Never put money in a sportsbook that doesn’t offer stringent security protocols such as SSL or TSL. A good way to be sure is if there is a small padlock in the top corner of your URL bar. No padlock means your information is at risk!
- Bonuses – Check out the incentives the sportsbook offers. These often include welcome bonuses, sign-in perks, and weekly reloads, and some will even match your deposit.
- Wrestling Betting Odds – If a sportsbook doesn’t offer the wrestlers you want, what’s the point of betting? Look for a site with the wrestlers you know have better odds of winning and that offer the types of bets you want (not all sportsbooks offer prop bets).
- Other Services – Double-check that the sportsbook has a reliable customer service line. They should offer a contact number and an email you can reach out to in case of an emergency. Again, customer reviews are a prime spot for finding details about the quality of their service.
Best Wrestling Sportsbooks in MD
If you’re not sure which service to put your money in, don’t worry. We told you we would explore a few of the best wrestling sportsbooks in Maryland, and we don’t disappoint in our list of Maryland sportsbooks.
Their intuitive mobile app makes placing bets of all varieties quick and easy, allowing you to make last-minute edits or searches without hassle. They also offer solid sign-up promotions for new members.
A unique take on spread betting using points allows punters to win up to 10x more. They offer plenty of lines on different sports markets, including pro wrestling.
Easy to sign-up with using their well-designed mobile app. Sign-up comes with hefty bonuses you can use to start betting.
Matches your deposits and offers bonuses when you sign up for their sportsbook. Good user-friendly customer support and interface.
Reputable sportsbook with a unique two-part sign-up bonus of $10 with an additional $1,000 risk-free bet.
Pick Your Wrestling Bets – Maryland
Once you’ve settled on Maryland sports betting sites, signed up, and have some hefty welcoming bonuses, it’s time to start betting on wrestling.Now, you may be wondering how you bet on wrestling when the matches are all predetermined.
Essentially, even though the outcomes of the matches are scripted, the winner is kept a secret by the wrestlers and the scriptwriters. On occasion, a result does get leaked, and you’ll know the winner based on the outlandish wrestling betting odds that sportsbooks list.
But the beauty of wrestling is that you can bet on just about anything. Online wrestling sportsbooks allow you to place the following types of bets:
Wrestling Moneyline Bets
This is as simple as it gets. You pick your favorite wrestler or wrestlers, place a bet on them winning, and that’s it. You can place Moneyline bets on dozens of wrestlers, individual matches, tournament matches, or even title matches. Your sportsbook should show you the odds of the expected winner, and you just place the bet.
Wrestling Prop Bets
This is where betting on wrestling in Maryland gets interesting. Prop bets, or betting on what will happen during the match, are some of the most entertaining bets you can make. They can include bets for:
- Who will be a first-time winner in the tournament?
- Which wrestler will appear in the ring first?
- Who can stay in the ring the longest?
- Which moves will the wrestlers make?
- What will the storyline for the match be?
Most legitimate sportsbooks will let you make your own prop bets, so if you can think of it, there’s probably already someone betting on it. The more you follow a wrestler and learn their style, the better you’ll get a predicting what might happen in the ring.
Wrestling Parlay Bets
Parlay betting in wrestling is a higher-risk option for bettors who want to bet across multiple fights. This is especially useful for expert gamblers who have followed wrestling for years and know what’s coming next.
Simply place a bet on the first fight, and then whatever you win will roll into the following match. Continue placing your growing pot on the next match until it’s over. Be warned, though—if you lose a single match, you’re out and will walk away with nothing.
Wrestling Wager Smart Using These Tricks
Before you dive into the world of wrestling betting, familiarize yourself with these fives tips to help you get the most out of it:
- Be prepared for the “Big Four” events – Most wrestling sportsbooks set time limits on the “Big Four” wrestling events (Royal Rumble, Survivor Series, Wrestlemania, and Summer Slam). They tend to be wary of opening betting lines for predetermined events too far in advance so be prepared to get your bets in fast.
- Play the field – We’ve said it once, and we’ll say it again—don’t limit yourself to just one sportsbook. Diversify your spread so you can put as much down on your bets as possible. If you’re confident about your bets, this will help boost your winnings.
- Don’t discount the underdogs – Wrestling scriptwriters know that they have to keep storylines interesting. Don’t get complacent and undervalue the underdogs. Keeping them in your lineup can be a good way to score a little extra money.
- Read up on the sport – Odds are if you’re betting on WWE, you are probably already familiar with the cast of characters. Nonetheless, keep track of who is on a winning streak and use your head to figure out how long that streak can last.
- Be smart about props – Some props are more likely than others. For example, celebrity appearances aren’t unheard of, but the odds of the President of the United States turning up are not high.
WWE wagers in Maryland
If you have a favorite WWE wrestler, you may want to bet on them to add more excitement to the events. Whether it’s a regular wrestling match or one of the championship events, there are many different ways that you can get your wagers in. While wagers are on the smaller side, many bettors have found value in these types of WWE betting lines.
WWE events to bet on
Before getting into the ins and outs of WWE betting in Maryland, we should discuss the different WWE event betting in Maryland that air on TV. There are three particular wrestling betting events that get aired throughout the year. On Monday nights, viewers can tune in for Monday Night Raw.
Monday Night Raw has been airing since 1993 and currently has 5 different championships that are exclusive to the series. Since these matches were so popular, in 1999 WWE released a Tuesday night follow-up called Smackdown. There are currently 4 different Smackdown championships that bettors can have fun wagering on.
There are also 4 different championships for NXT matches. This is a separate division of WWE that’s focused on minor leagues. However, while those are the 3 main events there are other WWE events, like SummerSlam and WrestleMania, that players can bet on.
Joining a sportsbook for WWE betting in Maryland
Do you have any predictions for Royal Rumble 2021 betting odds? If you do, you may want to join a Maryland sportsbook to possibly win some money. There are many great sportsbooks in Maryland, but there are certain things you need to consider for the best chances with WWE odds.
Always ensure the WWE sportsbook you join is legal and licensed to operate in Maryland. You will also need to check the URL bar for a closed padlock symbol to represent that the betting site is secure.
Now that we have security out of the way, you will want to make sure the betting site is compatible with the banking method you prefer to use. Make sure you check their regulations for both deposits and withdrawals. This is because there are certain payment methods that are accepted for payments but not withdrawals, like most major credit cards.
Another thing that you should consider before joining is your options. There are many Maryland sports betting sites that have attractive offers. You should compare each offer to see which one has the most value. On top of that, also compare reviews for each sportsbook and their WWE betting odds.
Different types of bets for WWE events
Now that you’re familiar with some of the different sportsbooks for WWE betting in Maryland, these are the different types of bets you can place:
- First Time Winner: A style of prop bet where a bettor will only receive the prize if it’s their first time winning the event.
- Longest Ring Time: Place a wager on which wrestler you predict will last the longest in the ring.
- First To Appear: Bet on which wrestler you think will make the first appearance on the show.
- Appearance Bets: Make a bet on whether a certain wrestler or type of wrestler (retired Allstar, female champ, etc,) will make an appearance
- Bout Outcome Bets: Instead of betting on who you think will win, you bet on how you think the match will end.
- Elimination Bets: This is the most popular type of bet for Royal Rumble odds 2021. In a multiplayer match, you place a wager on which wrestler will take out the highest number of players.
Why is WWE betting in Maryland becoming so popular?
Ever since sports betting became legal in Maryland, more people are taking an interest in WWE betting odds. While these events aren’t as popular as major league sports events like NHL or NFL, they are worth checking out. WWE betting lines are a better choice for a casual bettor. Since the odds aren’t as high, players aren’t required to wager as much money.
This alone makes many bettors feel safer with WWE betting. Since they don’t wager as much money, the risk isn’t as high. Many bettors often notice bad lines in their sportsbooks as well. When you know how to spot these, it’s very easy to take advantage of them.
Bad lines often appear because most major sportsbooks are dedicated to major events. NFL, NBA, and NHL all bring in more money and more problems to the sportsbook if there are any mistakes on the lines. Since all the focus is put into these big events, there’s a higher chance of a slip-up on the sportsbook’s behalf that could work out in your favor.
Another reason why WWE betting in Maryland is becoming so popular is that it’s just plain fun. While rooting for your favorite player may be exciting enough on its own, placing a bit of money on the event makes it even more interesting.
FAQ’s Wrestling betting in Maryland
Any money the Government of Maryland earns from sports betting goes to funding public schools. In a single year, sports bets could add an extra 20 million dollars to the budget for education.
Yes! As of 2021, sports betting is completely legal within the state of Maryland, thanks to the Sports Betting Bill passed by Governor Larry Hogan.
Maryland sports betting platforms require their members to provide two forms of identification—one with proof of address and one with a proof of identity. Some common IDs you could use are passports, military IDs, or driver’s licenses, phone bills, water bills, or even an insurance bill.
Always be sure that your information is safe before entering payment information. If you suspect fraud, do not enter your personal or financial information and leave the website. If you have already provided your information, contact your bank immediately.
For the sake of fairness, most sportsbooks worry that putting too much money on a scripted event could lead to rigged events or even insider cheating.