Now that wrestling betting in Maryland is legal, you can join your favorite wrestlers by winning in the ring. Not sure yet how to get started? This quick guide will walk you through everything you need to know about betting on wrestling in Maryland. We’ll explore five of the top sportsbooks you can use to win and explain what sort of bets you can place. By the end of the guide, we’ll even answer whatever remaining questions you might have.
Betting on Wrestling in MD
Betting on wrestling in Maryland is an amazing way to add an extra layer of excitement to your favorite wrestling matches. If you’re not quite sure where to start, don’t worry. In three easy steps, you’ll be registered and ready to rake in winnings like no one else in the state.
Find the Right Wrestling Sportsbook in MD
Before you can start betting, you’ll need to find a sportsbook, but don’t stop at one. To maximize your winnings, you should carefully pick a selection of vetted sportsbooks. It’s like they say, don’t put all your money on one horse.Most sportsbooks set low limits for wrestling matches, so if you want to maximize your wins, you’ll need to sign up with a handful of sites. But that’s not the only thing you should keep in mind. Other things to look for include:
- Trustworthiness – You’re putting money on the line so check that they are a reputable, licensed, and transparent sportsbook. Check for positive user reviews, and don’t be afraid to dig for bad ones.
- Payouts – The whole point of betting is to win money. Before playing, check the site-specific limits (maximum and minimum), whether they pay promptly, and if they offer payment options that suit your needs:
- Direct deposit
- Visa/Master cards
- Privacy – There are plenty of scam sites out there looking to steal your bank details. Never put money in a sportsbook that doesn’t offer stringent security protocols such as SSL or TSL. A good way to be sure is if there is a small padlock in the top corner of your URL bar. No padlock means your information is at risk!
- Bonuses – Check out the incentives the sportsbook offers. These often include welcome bonuses, sign-in perks, weekly reloads, and some will even match your deposit.
- Wrestling Betting Odds – If a sportsbook doesn’t offer the wrestlers you want, what’s the point of betting? Look for a site with the wrestlers you know have better odds of winning and that offer the types of bets you want (not all sportsbooks offer prop bets).
- Other Services – Double-check that the sportsbook has a reliable customer service line. They should offer a contact number and an email you can reach out to in the case of an emergency. Again, customer reviews are a prime spot for finding details about the quality of their service.
Best Wrestling Sportsbooks in MD
If you’re not sure which service to put your money in, don’t worry. We told you we would explore a few of the best wrestling sportsbooks in Maryland, and we don’t disappoint.
Their intuitive mobile app makes placing bets of all varieties quick and easy, allowing you to make last-minute edits or searches without hassle. They also offer solid sign-up promotions for new members.
A unique take on spread betting using points allows punters to win up to 10x more. They offer plenty of lines on different sports markets, including pro wrestling.
Easy to sign-up with using their well-designed mobile app. Sign-up comes with hefty bonuses you can use to start betting.
Matches your deposits and offers bonuses when you sign up for their sportsbook. Good user-friendly customer support and interface.
Reputable sportsbook with a unique two-part sign-up bonus of $10 with an additional $1,000 risk-free bet.
Pick Your Wrestling Bets – Maryland
Once you’ve settled on a Maryland sportsbook, signed up, and have some hefty welcoming bonuses, it’s time to start betting on wrestling.Now, you may be wondering how you bet on wrestling when the matches are all predetermined.
Essentially, even though the outcomes of the matches are scripted, the winner is kept a secret by the wrestlers and the scriptwriters. On occasion, a result does get leaked, and you’ll know the winner based on the outlandish wrestling betting odds that sportsbooks list.
But the beauty of wrestling is that you can bet on just about anything. Online wrestling sportsbooks allow you to place the following types of bets:
This is as simple as it gets. You pick your favorite wrestler or wrestlers, place a bet on them winning, and that’s it. You can place Moneyline bets on dozens of wrestlers, individual matches, tournament matches, or even title matches. Your sportsbook should show you the odds of the expected winner, and you just place the bet.
This is where betting on wrestling in Maryland gets interesting. Prop bets, or betting on what will happen during the match, are some of the most entertaining bets you can make. They can include bets for:
- Who will be a first-time winner in the tournament?
- Which wrestler will appear in the ring first?
- Who can stay in the ring the longest?
- Which moves will the wrestlers make?
- What will the storyline for the match be?
Most legitimate sportsbooks will let you make your own prop bets, so if you can think of it, there’s probably already someone betting on it. The more you follow a wrestler and learn their style, the better you’ll get a predicting what might happen in the ring.
Parlay betting is a higher-risk option for punters who want to bet across multiple matches. This is especially useful for expert gamblers who have followed wrestling for years and know what’s coming next.
Simply place a bet on the first match, and then whatever you win will roll into the following match. Continue placing your growing pot on the next match until it’s over. Be warned, though—if you lose a single match, you’re out and will walk away with nothing.
Wager Smart Using These Tricks
Before you dive into the world of wrestling betting, familiarize yourself with these fives tips to help you get the most out of it:
- Be prepared for the “Big Four” events – Most sportsbooks set time limits on the “Big Four” wrestling events (Royal Rumble, Survivor Series, Wrestlemania, and Summer Slam). They tend to be wary of opening betting lines for predetermined events too far in advance so be prepared to get your bets in fast.
- Play the field – We’ve said it once, and we’ll say it again—don’t limit yourself to just one sportsbook. Diversify your spread so you can put as much down on your bets as possible. If you’re confident about your bets, this will help boost your winnings.
- Don’t discount the underdogs – Wrestling scriptwriters know that they have to keep storylines interesting. Don’t get complacent and undervalue the underdogs. Keeping them in your lineup can be a good way to score a little extra money.
- Read up on the sport – Odds are if you’re betting on WWE, you are probably already familiar with the cast of characters. Nonetheless, keep track of who is on a winning streak and use your head to figure out how long that streak can last.
- Be smart about props – Some props are more likely than others. For example, celebrity appearances aren’t unheard of, but the odds of the President of the United States turning up are not high.
FAQ’s Wrestling online betting Maryland
What does Maryland do with revenue earned from wrestling betting?
Any money the Government of Maryland earns from sports betting goes to funding public schools. In a single year, sports bets could add an extra 20 million dollars to the budget for education.
Is it legal to bet on wrestling in Maryland?
Yes! As of 2021, sports betting is completely legal within the state of Maryland, thanks to the Sports Betting Bill passed by Governor Larry Hogan.
How do I prove my identity when I sign up to bet?
Maryland sports betting platforms require their members to provide two forms of identification—one with a proof of address and one with a proof of identity. Some common IDs you could use are passports, military IDs, or driver’s licenses, phone bills, water bills, or even an insurance bill.
What should I do if I suspect fraud?
Always be sure that your information is safe before entering payment information. If you suspect fraud, do not enter your personal or financial information and leave the website. If you have already provided your information, contact your bank immediately.
Why do sportsbooks limit wrestling wagers?
For the sake of fairness, most sportsbooks worry that putting too much money on a scripted event could lead to rigged events or even insider cheating.